ExcelPipe Find and Replace for Excel to migrate Microsoft Excel hyperlinks
when you rename file servers, to translate files by applying massive search/replace
lists, or find and replace
your organization's name, address, website etc across thousands of worksheets
ExcelPipe is designed as a hands-off tool requiring next to no user
intervention, as you would expect for migrating large numbers of files. It copes
with a myriad range of Microsoft Excel bugs, such as restarting Microsoft Excel
every 1000 worksheets to avoid memory errors. It also copes with the largest
variety of problem spreadsheets of any tool, ranging from password protected and
corrupted spreadsheets to SharePoint locked spreadsheets.
To use ExcelPipe, you simply add a list of
search/replace pairs, and for each one, specify where in the spreadsheet it
should be found. Then you tell it which files to process - that's it!
recommended by Microsoft!
ExcelPipe works like a dream. I'm amazed by its speed!
- Michael Plant
Use it for...
- Standardizing corporate name changes such as your organization's phone number,
address, web site or CEO
- Performing server consolidations where document links need updating
- Migration of documents when a server is renamed or replaced and all Excel
spreadsheet links need updating
- Updating documents to use Microsoft Namespace Server mappings
- Changing part numbers or SKUs across multiple files
- Translating documents
- and much more. See our new
- No limit on the number of spreadsheets processed - use it across an entire
file server or web server
- Translators can import search/replace lists from Excel, CSV- or
- Easy to use with integrated online help
- Supports the same search and replace options as Microsoft Excel, plus much more
- Stand-alone - doesn't integrate directly with Excel so it doesn't
destabilize your installation
- Update documents to use Microsoft Namespace Server mappings
- Hyperlink report/pre-migration analysis can identify the existing links
and what they would be changed to (complete report in full version only)
- Lite version works with documents located on the local system. Pro
version works with documents locally, on File Servers or NAS, Novell cluster
- Retains Last Access dates for data retention policy compliance
- Translations are available for other languages
- NEW! Now can update the connection strings of Query Tables and Pivot
Tables - ADO, DAO, OLEDB and ODBC database queries, web queries etc.
- Now can search/replace inside Chart Titles and Defined Names
- Now can change the path of embedded OLE and DDE links to databases
and other sources.
- Unicode search and replace
- Search-Only mode
- Search and replace with all Excel's options such as Match Case, Whole
Cell/Partial Cell etc, plus more.
- Files can be specified by folder (optionally including sub folders), by
importing from a list file, or by pasting in a list of filenames
- Search and replace inside hyperlink addresses
- Search and replace UNC link paths
- Search and replace inside shapes
- Search and replace inside built in document properties and
custom properties such as Title, Subject, Author, Company etc
- Search and replace inside headers and footers
- Search and replace inside VBA Code Modules - even if protected
with a password.
- Search and replace inside Sheet Names e.g. Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3
- Works with Windows SharePoint Services document libraries
- Fully Unicode compliant - search and replace international character
sets (unlike competing products)
- Allows replacements to be longer than 255 characters (Microsoft Excel
limits this to 255)
- Control the spreadsheet types used - so you can process .xls, or any custom
- Can be automated or scheduled via the command line, and settings are saved
in an easy-to-edit or generate XML format
- Handles password-protected spreadsheets - these get flagged for manual
- Read only documents can be processed or skipped
- Easy to install/uninstall
- The original file date and time stamp can be preserved
- Does not alter documents unless a change is made. In Search Only mode,
no changes are made.
- All settings can be saved and re-loaded later, allowing you to manage
- Full backup facility, and the ability to rollback if the results are not
- Full audit trail on completion, logging the changed documents, unchanged
documents and error documents.
- Beware of cheap imitations.
Microsoft SharePoint Services
To use ExcelPipe with Microsoft SharePoint Services, just specify a UNC path
to the document root e.g. \\servername\path
ExcelPipe's default screen (Click for more)
Edition US$ 99.95/EU€ 78.93*, Full Edition US$ 499/EU€ 394.06*, Full vs Lite comparison chart.
- Microsoft® Windows® 8 and x64, Windows 7 and x64, Vista®, Vista 64, 2008/2003 Server, XP
- All versions of Microsoft Excel (2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, XP) or Microsoft Office
(2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, XP), but not Excel 97
or Excel Starter Edition (which is a cut-down version with zero integration
- Hard Disk with 2 MB free disk space
- 32 MB RAM
Multi-user, Site and Enterprise licenses are also available to enhance the
efficiency of your entire team.
Note: Under Excel 97 and earlier, the Search Inside Hyperlink Addresses
feature does not work because in these versions of Excel the hyperlink address is
read-only, not read/write as in later versions. Excel 98 and onwards all work
properly. Note that this does not affect the ability of ExcelPipe to search and
replace the hyperlink displayed text - which is quite different to the actual
- TextPipe industrial strength text conversion,
transformation, cleansing and extraction workbench
- WordPipe search and replace in Word documents
- PowerPointPipe search and replace in
- DataPipe search and replace in live database records
- ResumePipe if you need to cleanse and process emails