DirSize shows you how much disk space is used and wasted in each folder. Its uses
- Finding space hogs on a network
- Finding multiple copies of a single application on a server
- Finding which folders could be archived to save space (typically those that contain lots
of small files)
- Finding where most of the disk space is used
- Finding applications to remove before installing a new one
- Previewing the benefits of a smaller cluster size
- Generating daily, weekly or monthly reports showing how the disk space distribution has
changed. You can easily generate tab- or comma-delimited output to feed directly into your
favourite spreadsheet for further analysis
- Showing you the complete folder tree
On large hard disks up to 1/4 of the total drive space is wasted! DirSize will show you
It runs under DOS, Windows 3.x, 95, 98 and NT, and supports long filenames under
Windows 95, 98 and NT.
Ziff Davis rates it as a 4 Star Editors Pick - "DirSize
is an easy way to quickly find out which directories are using what amount of space on
your hard disk."
New features in this release
How can I use DirSize?