KeyboardLocker disables the keyboard while leaving the mouse active. An exit
phrase must be entered before the keyboard is reactivated.
KeyboardLocker can be used
- to secure photo kiosks (as used by FujiFilm)
- to completely disable Ctrl+Alt+Del
- to secure dedicated servers (such as university print servers)
- to prevent both USB and PS/2 keyboard input on Internet and Photo kiosks
- to protect running processes when the keyboard is cleaned by janitors
- to stop keyboard input when desktop macros are running
- in a
home user environment, e.g. to show a DVD to a small child without them
destroying your computer.
- Use with Skype to prevent toddlers pressing keys during a call.
- Now available as a dual x32 and x64 install
You can start KeyboardLocker INSTANTLY with Ctrl+Alt+L, and start KeyboardLocker
automatically as your computer boots (by copying the KeyboardLocker short cut into the StartUp folder).
- Protect print servers from student use or improper use - while still
allowing mouse interaction
- Show a DVD without allowing it to be stopped
- Show a presentation or demo without allowing it to be stopped
|I came home from a weekend trip and found that my new
cats had stepped on my keyboard and launched AOL which, I only have 3
hours a month, then I'm charge per minute. It turned out I was logged on
for over 2000 minutes. Hence I had to find a solution...KeyboardLocker!
- David Segal
How to use KeyboardLocker
KeyboardLocker features two startup modes
- A configuration mode, where the unlock phrase can be entered. Note -
in the Evaluation version you cannot change the unlock phrase - it is set
to 'buyme'. Access this via the Configure KeyboardLocker start menu
- An instant start mode, where the unlock phrase cannot be entered. The
only way to regain control of your machine is to type the unlock phrase.
While locked, you can still use your mouse to start a DVD playing. The
instant start mode can be useful to run when a machine starts up - to
provide protection straight away. Access this via the Start
KeyboardLocker NOW! start menu item.
Command Line Options
There are several ways you can start
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" [/START]
KeyboardLocker in interactive mode. If /START is specified, KeyboardLocker locks
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" /NEWPWD=<new password> [/START]
KeyboardLocker in interactive mode, but with a new default password. If /START
is specified, KeyboardLocker locks immediately.
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" /OLDPWD=<old password> /NEWPWD=<new password>
KeyboardLocker is currently running, it changes the unlock phrase from old
password to new password. This copy of KeyboardLocker then terminates.
"c:\Program Files\KeyboardLocker\KeyboardLocker.exe" /STOP=<password>
KeyboardLocker if it is currently running and password is correct. This copy of
KeyboardLocker then terminates.
- Can completely disable Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Disables ALL windows keys, even Alt+Tab, Ctrl+Escape, Windows keys etc
- Simple to install and uninstall - no configuration required
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista®, 2012/2008/2003 Server, XP x32 and x64
- Help Menu can be disabled to restrict internet access
- Exit phrase can be locked so that it cannot be changed
- Ctrl+Alt+Del checkbox can now be hidden.
As used by FujiFilm America, GeWeTe GmbH & Co.KG, Ethicon, Northern Arizona
University, Ath TBI techniek B.V, Areva Energietechnik GmbH and more.