Problem with copy-and-paste embedded pictures

Discuss huge attachment service and DetachPipe attachment management Add On for Microsoft Outlook. Get help with installation and running, notify us of bugs, request new features and enhancements.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators

Problem with copy-and-paste embedded pictures

Postby PhilipC » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:50 am

I'm having a problem with emails containing in-line images inserted with 'copy and paste'.

Once DP has processed the mail, the in-line image is replaced with '<<...>>' and the link at the top of the email looks something like this:

[DetachPipe] Incoming attachment saved to: D:\Documents and Settings\******\My Documents\My Application Documents\DetachPipe\Inbox\$$$FF.tmp by ****** (619 KB)

When I click on the link and try to open it I get a message window saying that Windows cannot open the file. I've tried opening the file directly using a variety of image viewers and editors (and WinZip!) with no success.

If the image is embedded as a file, showing as an icon rather than the picture, there is no problem.

In my settings I don't compress attachments and I've tried 'Ignore embedded attachments' in both states, again with no difference.

DataMystic Support
Site Admin

Re: Problem with copy-and-paste embedded pictures

Postby DataMystic Support » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi Philip,

If you could send us an email with an image like this we'd be happy to look at it. Please try and keep it less than 50K for us!

Simon Carter, - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes - 250,000 free software downloads - send huge email attachments

Return to “ and DetachPipe Add On Support”