UTF8 files and Replace filters

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators

kbrazil
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:22 am

UTF8 files and Replace filters

Postby kbrazil » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:47 am

I am trying to replace certain entities with their characters in UTF8 text e.g

& #171; -> «


When I use a simple replace filter on my files, the character TextPipe puts is the iso-8859-1 version - I know this becuse if I open the file as UTF8, the character inserted is an invisible control character, but if I change the viewer to look at the file as Western European, the correct character appears.

Is there something I need to do to tell TextPipe that the files it is replacing are UTF8. Or do I need to use Unicode escape sequences. In this case I tried \U+00AB but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Keith

User avatar
DataMystic Support
Site Admin
Posts: 2138
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby DataMystic Support » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:14 am

Hi Keith,

Try using

\x{00AB}

instead.
Regards,

Simon Carter, http://DataMystic.com/forums/index.php
http://PredictBGL.com - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes
http://DownloadPipe.com - 250,000 free software downloads
http://DetachPipe.com - send huge email attachments


Return to “TextPipe Tips and Tricks, Questions and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests