Get help with installation and running here.
Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators
- Posts: 962
- Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:49 am
- Location: UK
Today it occurred to me that a useful enhancement to TextPipe
would take the form of a new filter action in which one could have:
- Restrict to when variable X is equal to variable Y
- Restrict to when variable X is not equal to variable Y
This would make use of global variable numbers 1
defined in the search pattern, in the same manner as the filter action:
- Send variable X to subfilter
The whole search pattern should be sent to the subfilter when the specified condition was met.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 2229
- Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
This would not work, because TextPipe's processing of the file is asynchronous. You cannot tell at any time, which elements of the file are passing through what filter at what time. This makes it ultra-fast, but also hard to reason about.