Unexpected results on exact replacement

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators

frosteemjj

Unexpected results on exact replacement

Postby frosteemjj » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:23 am

I have a file C:\B7_980\dcell1_cimplicity_screens_6-11-02\SCREENS\AlarmCounts.ctx with the string LN18F in it, and I want to replace that with GLN018F because we are moving the system to another server ( LN18F and GLN018F are server names ).

I set the filter up to do an EXACT replace, and I can look in the log and see that it processed the file but made no replacements. I set the routine up to process C:\B7_980\*.ctx, maintain the structure and output to c:\b7_980convert. That means I wind up with C:\b7_980convert\B7_980\dcell1_cimplicity_screens_6-11-02\SCREENS\AlarmCounts.ctx, but the text has not been changed.

Sample snippet from that file:


(Version 38)
(DocumentSummary)
(GmmiToplevelDocument
(GmmiDocumentObject
(GmmiContainerObject
(GmmiObject "" 0
(Help "" "" "")
(GmmiPointMap
(GmmiPoint "\\LN18F*1\D1_ALARMCOUNTS_MSG1" 10 1 1)
(GmmiPoint "\\LN18F*1\D1_ALARMCOUNTS_MSG2" 10 1 1)

************************* Curiously ********************
In file C:\b7_980\SCREENS_1\Use_This_on_18\ctx_files\barcode info dcell3.ctx, the text converted the way I wanted.


Sample snippet from that file:


(Version 30)
(DocumentSummary)
(GmmiToplevelDocument
(GmmiDocumentObject
(GmmiContainerObject
(GmmiObject "" 0
(Help "" "" "")
(GmmiPointMap
(GmmiPoint "\\LN18F*1\D4_DUMP_LOCK" 10 1 1)
(GmmiPoint "\\LN18F*1\D3_TOTALBR_BC1" 10 1 1)


In file C:\b7_980convert\B7_980\SCREENS_1\Use_This_on_18\ctx_files\barcode info dcell3.ctx, the text converted the way I wanted.


Sample snippet from that file:


(Version 30)
(DocumentSummary)
(GmmiToplevelDocument
(GmmiDocumentObject
(GmmiContainerObject
(GmmiObject "" 0
(Help "" "" "")
(GmmiPointMap
(GmmiPoint "\\GLN018F*1\D4_DUMP_LOCK" 10 1 1)
(GmmiPoint "\\GLN018F*1\D3_TOTALBR_BC1" 10 1 1)

Any suggestions welcomed. There are over 2000 of these files to modify.

User avatar
DataMystic Support
Site Admin
Posts: 2136
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby DataMystic Support » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:41 am

Sounds like one of the files is Unicode.

Try setting the search/replace to a Unicode search/replace, or add two replacements, one for ASCII/ANSI, another for Unicode. Use the right-click on the file grid to check if the file is Unicode.
Regards,

Simon Carter, http://DataMystic.com/forums/index.php
http://PredictBGL.com - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes
http://DownloadPipe.com - 250,000 free software downloads
http://DetachPipe.com - send huge email attachments


Return to “TextPipe Tips and Tricks, Questions and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest