string not identified & not removed

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators

FernandoPS
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:59 pm

string not identified & not removed

Postby FernandoPS » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:25 pm

Hello,
Newcomer here and not an expert in edition. I am trying to convert some files (90-100MB e/o) from OEM - Multilingual Latin 1 to Ansi, and split the content, an an specific point, to new, different files (+/- 20.000 for each original file). I have got a success in the the first two steps but the outcome show a string:
ÄM ãå ¦âÙ´wM z    

that I cannot remove nor identify. I have tryied almost every possibility in the "replace" section, but it does not work.
The string presented here is not the same than in Notepad. It has been pasted from there

Having done some research, (converting the original txt file to rtf, I have found the pattern that disturbs me, but I cannot still delete it. Some "Page Breaks" are concerned, with null characters before and after

________l__=_Ü_


__ãå_ ■___________________________________________________________________



Any ideas?
Regards.

Fernando

User avatar
DataMystic Support
Site Admin
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: string not identified & not removed

Postby DataMystic Support » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi Fernando,

The best approach might be to use a perl pattern:

Code: Select all

_{5,}+.*_{20,}+


This finds 5 or more _, some stuff, then 20 or more _, replace with nothing. Check prompt on replace so you can see if it is ok.
Regards,

Simon Carter, http://DataMystic.com/forums/index.php
http://PredictBGL.com - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes
http://DownloadPipe.com - 250,000 free software downloads
http://DetachPipe.com - send huge email attachments


Return to “TextPipe Tips and Tricks, Questions and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 10 guests