Unicode functions and fixes in latest 6.9 beta

Get help with installation and running here.

Moderators: DataMystic Support, Moderators

User avatar
DataMystic Support
Site Admin
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Unicode functions and fixes in latest 6.9 beta

Postby DataMystic Support » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:18 pm

Here's what is new so far -

* XSLT filter
* Unicode (UTF-16LE) search and replace, with options for space
compression and for ignoring non-spacing characters.
* Unicode (UTF-16LE) pattern matching.
* New file grid right-click menu items:
- Analyze file - checks for various Unicode, XML, CSV and Tab
delimited formats, Unix/PC/Mac end of line format and other file
types
- Hex dump - displays a hex dump of the first 200 characters of
the file
* Added \x{...} Unicode character matching for exact matches. This
means that for a Unicode space you can type \x00000020 instead
of \x00\x00\x00\x20.
* Unicode conversion filter is now much simpler, as you just
choose an input and output conversion in one step.
* Synchronized scrolling option for Trial Input and Output.
* Fixed file grid ordering - if you moved rows around, TextPipe
did not remember the new row position.
* Fixed menu items for Remove, Copy and Move tab fields. These did
not add the required filters.
* Fixed help hyperlinks on Trial Run and Files tabs.
* Fixed bugs in Unicode Make Little/Big Endian filters.
* Fixed bug in Convert From Unicode filter, for when it
encountered a character that could not be converted. It now
outputs a space.
* The EasyPattern [year] keyword now checks for a 4 digit year
before checking for a 2 digit year.
* Convert Word Document To Text filter now only closes the Active
Document, avoiding the MS Word error message 'This method or
property is unavailable because a document window is not
active'.
* Fixed line wrapping problem with clipboard export of several
restrict-type filters.

We're also considering
- unicode compose/decompose/normalize functions
- unicode logging
- Replacement of tree view with unicode-enabled tree view

Any and all feedback is welcome! Please post replies to this post.
Last edited by DataMystic Support on Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Simon Carter, http://DataMystic.com/forums/index.php
http://PredictBGL.com - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes
http://DownloadPipe.com - 250,000 free software downloads
http://DetachPipe.com - send huge email attachments

User avatar
DataMystic Support
Site Admin
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Unicode conversions

Postby DataMystic Support » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:24 am

We have now made the Unicode conversions far easier, with the following changes -

1. Bundle up the Unicode <=> ANSI filters inside the Convert to/from Unicode filter.
2. Make the Convert to/from Unicode filters use an alphabetically sorted list, instead of sorting by internal Ids.
3. Allow both the input/output format to be specified for Convert to/from Unicode filter, instead of having the 'half-way house' of data moving around in utf-32LE form.
Regards,

Simon Carter, http://DataMystic.com/forums/index.php
http://PredictBGL.com - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes
http://DownloadPipe.com - 250,000 free software downloads
http://DetachPipe.com - send huge email attachments

rain

unicode conv problem

Postby rain » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:21 pm

Hello

I've a problem with TextPipePro7.0.3demo
When i use the filter "Convert from ANSI to UTF-16"
It works fine when i process one file but when I process *.txt, the header "FEFF" is inserted only at the beginning of the first file of the list.
this header should be inserted at the beginning of each file

regards

User avatar
DataMystic Support
Site Admin
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby DataMystic Support » Sat Jul 24, 2004 4:54 pm

Yes, we've confirmed that this is a bug. We plan to have a 7.0.4 release available shortly with a workaround until we can get a proper fix.

As a workaround until 7.0.4 is available, you could convert to UTF-16LE, then add a Byte Order Mark manually (see the sample filters).
Regards,

Simon Carter, http://DataMystic.com/forums/index.php
http://PredictBGL.com - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes
http://DownloadPipe.com - 250,000 free software downloads
http://DetachPipe.com - send huge email attachments

User avatar
DataMystic Support
Site Admin
Posts: 2164
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 12:32 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby DataMystic Support » Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:08 am

A 7.0.4 is now available to fix this problem.
Regards,

Simon Carter, http://DataMystic.com/forums/index.php
http://PredictBGL.com - Insulin dose calculator for Type 1 diabetes
http://DownloadPipe.com - 250,000 free software downloads
http://DetachPipe.com - send huge email attachments


Return to “TextPipe Tips and Tricks, Questions and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests