Buy Download Tour
DirSize is a command line tool to
show you how much disk space is used and wasted in each
directory. You will find that it is far faster and more accurate
than other similar tools, completing scans of 1.2 Terabyte disk structures in 40 minutes
while other apps take 2 hours and are still not complete.
- Finding space hogs on a network
- Finding multiple copies of a single application on a
- Finding which directories could be archived to save space
(typically those that contain lots of small files)
- Finding where most of the disk space is used
- Finding applications to remove before installing a new
- Previewing the benefits of a smaller cluster size
- Generating daily, weekly or monthly reports showing how
the disk space distribution has changed. You can easily generate
html, tab- or comma-delimited output to feed directly into your favorite
spreadsheet for further analysis
- Showing you the complete directory tree
- See sample HTML report
hard disks up to 1/4 of the total drive space is wasted! DirSize
will show you where.
DirSize includes both a 32-bit version and a 16-bit version
for backward compatibility. The 32-bit version of DirSize runs under
Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8, 7, Vista®, 2012/2008/2003 Server, XP x32 and x64. The 16 bit version of DirSize runs
under DOS, Windows 3.x, 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 and XP, but does not
show long filenames.
- New! DirSize can now ignore the sizes of offline files.
directory tree can be limited to just those branches showing
more than a specified amount e.g. 20 MB. This is very useful to
find out who is hogging space on a network.
- Displays Windows 95 long filenames.
international thousands separator based on country
the drive, displays cluster size, free space, used space and
each directory shown, displays total space used, wasted space
(either as a percentage or as an actual value) and directory
name. If the directory has sub-directories, it also shows the
combined total -this is very useful for finding the complete
size of applications before deletion or backup.
the files examined, displays total used space, total wasted
space and the cluster size used (the user can specify a size
other than the drives actual cluster size so that they can see
how much space would be wasted under a different
- Rounds up file sizes to the cluster size AND includes the
size of each directory for the most accurate size
scrollable output (both up and down).
- Comma-delimited and tab-delimited output formats for easy
importing into databases, spreadsheets or word
- Future proof - directory sizes up to 99 GB are catered
- Output can be redirected to a file or to the
characters used to draw the directory tree can be changed from
DOS extended ASCII characters to standard ASCII
- The statistics can be disabled to show just a directory
- Directory sorting can be disabled. This is useful for
comparing DirSize's output with an unsorted DIR output.
- Continuous progress indicator while accumulating file
just started to use [DirSize] at home. I found the wasted space
info particularly useful.
just had a look at DirSize; very cute indeed!
just downloaded dirsiz24.zip from Garbo, and it's a gem
- Thanks, pretty handy product you have here!
- Thanks, seems like a cool program!
- ...just tried it and she works beautifully!
just tried out your utility DIRSIZE and am very impressed with
- Thanks for use of dirsize... been very helpful for
personal use. Being able to see "wasted space" is a
useful addition. The bigger drives get, the more we
you for developing a fine product. it is very useful to me to
maintain order on my hard drive. I basically use your program in
a Win95 DOS box to write a text file for each of my 6 drives and
then I print it out. Then I can see what is taking up valuable
fired up a copy of your DIRSIZE utility - very nice.
found your utility DIRSIZE 2.5 on a CD-Rom and find it
very very very useful !!!
- Thanks for your useful and elegant program.
database export option works great. Thanks for adding it.
- It is
a fine utility and I have admired each improvement.
obtained a copy of your nifty program from a friend, after he
gave me a demonstration.
just was tired of waiting for Norton Commander to calculate the
Size of a big Subdir of a CDROM. About 2000+ Files took more
than 5 Minutes. So I had a quick look at a SIMTEL Mirror and
found DIRSIZE v2.5. I was impressed how fast it worked, even on
my 1.6G Hard disk.
- Active ISP - NO
- AEA Technology Engineering SW - AB, CA
- ARCO Chemical Company - TX 77573, US
- Auburn Univ-ACES - AL, USA
- Audits & Surveys Inc - NY 10011, US
- Becton Dickinson & Company - NJ, USA
- Biz-Tech Associates - VA, USA
- Blackwells UK Ltd - UNITED KINGDOM
- Buck Consultants Ltd. - ON, CA
- COBE BCT, Inc - CO, US
- cocreate - CO, US
- Comics Informationssysteme - 76227, Germany
- Cowtown Net - TX 76140, US
- Cox Communications - AZ, US
- Data Union, Inc. - SC, US
- Ebron Power Ops Ltd - SW1P 3ET, United Kingdom
- ECN2001 - WA, USA
- Empire Financial Group - Ontario, CA
- Gap.inc - CA, USA
- GlobalMedia.com - BC, CA
- Hewlett Packard de Mexico, S.A. de C.V. - MX
- Hub Distributing, Inc. - CA, US
- Indian Motorcycle - CA, US
- Insynq - WA, USA
- MCFE BV - NETHERLANDS
- Microsoft Corp - CA 94043, US
- Monitor Company - MA 02140, US
- Morse Group - Surrey, GB
- Novartis - NJ, US
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival - OR, USA
- Oxfam - Oxon, GB
- PlantijnCasparie Direct Mail - NETHERLANDS
- PricewaterhouseCoopers - Ontario, CA
- SANG SIAM ELECTRIC (1977) - THAILAND
- Signal Iduna Gruppe - GERMANY
- SPM - FRANCE
- STAS nv - BELGIUM
- Tetra Pak Hoyer - DK-8270, Denmark
- The Gilmore Company - SC, USA
- Uni-information Co. - Ibaraki-ken, JP
- Versus Informatique inc. - QC, CANADA
- Volante Integrated Technology - Vic, Australia
- Westvaco Envelope Division - MA, US
- Youngs Computer Helper - PA, USA
Buy Download Tour