This is a collection of frequently asked questions about
The links below demonstrate how to perform common DetachPipe
actions. If you have suggestions for other online demonstrations please contact
If you are running a firewall such as ZoneAlarm or privacy
code into the top of every page you view. The Demo software cannot
cope with this alteration, so please disable this feature of your software in
order to view them.
Other help resources
- Q. DetachPipe processes the first 200-odd attachments, then stops
or skips the remainder. DetachPipe also skips some items arriving in the
A. After lengthy investigation, we have found that the Outlook AddIn
AVG Free AntiVirus is causing this problem. It 'hangs on to' references
to email items, keeping them in memory and eventually filling memory,
causing Outlook to fail. We recommend uninstalling AVG entirely or
disabling the email scanner. AVG seems to keeps each email open, so by
the time you hit 200 Outlook is clogged and cannot for some reason get
any more memory. It doesn't seem to be a DetachPipe issue, hence we
suggest disabling all other Addins first to verify this. See
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/officeins.html to obtain a list of your
- Q. DetachPipe's hyperlinks do not
A. There are a number of possibilities:
- If you use Outlook 2000, then you must use Internet Explorer as your default browser, not
- Windows can lose its registry settings that control how
hyperlinks are opened. Try the following resources:
- Q. When I forward an email the attachments are not put back
Yes they are - this step occurs just prior to the email being
sent, so you need to actually send the email to see it in action. Send
it to an external account such as a gmail account and you will see it is
working perfectly :-)
- Q. My PST/OST file is not any smaller - how do I compact it?
A. Unfortunately Outlook does not let DetachPipe provide an easy short cut to compact
your PST/OST file after removing hundreds of attachments! Please follow these steps
compact your PST
- Q. What are DetachPipe's filename
A. See here.
- Q. When exiting Outlook, it reports an error. When Outlook restarts,
Outlook experienced a serious error the last time the addon
DetachPipe for Outlook’ was opened. Would you like to disable this
To reactivate this add-in, click About Microsoft Office Outlook on the
Help menu, and then click Disabled Items
A. This is caused by a bug in Microsoft Outlook (we actually experienced
this during our own testing). Please use Windows Update to get the
latest Outlook patch.
- Q. The DetachPipe Add-In has disappeared from my Outlook! How do I
get it back!
A. Try 2 places -
1. Ensure Microsoft Outlook's View Menu\Toolbars\Standard is checked
2. Check for disabled AddIns
- Q. DetachPipe's menu bar appears in Microsoft Word, even when
A. Microsoft applications seem to cache our menu items (in
normal.dot). In Microsoft Word, go Tools Menu\Customize, choose Standard
toolbar, and click [Reset]. This resets the changes made to the toolbar.
Then re-install DetachPipe
- Q. What email clients do you support?
A. Just Microsoft Outlook (not Express)
- Q. Outlook 2007 error - Microsoft Office has identified a potential
security concern. This location may be unsafe. blocked:http://..... Do
you want to continue?
article. The best workaround is to edit the url by right-clicking
it, copy it, paste into IE's address bar and removed 'blocked:'
- Q. How to disable this message - An application is trying to access the
address book. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may
due to virus and you should choose "no"
- Q. How do I connect
Outlook to Lotus Notes?
- Q. Attachments on some Rich Text and HTML formatted Outlook mails
can't be Detached
A. When you embed an image inside RTF or HTML emails, Outlook sometimes
(depending on the version) chooses to encoded it with RTF or HTML code
rather than as a 'real attachment'. Converting the emails to plain text
forces Outlook to convert it to a real attachment, which DetachPipe can
usually deal with.
- Position:30 MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED - occurs when you open DetachPipe
1. Do you have administrator rights to access the registry?
2. If you use other email programs, select Control Panel / Internet
Options / Programs / E-mail -> change to Outlook