Reclaim Gigabytes - Automatically
Detach, Restore, Save and Remove Email Attachments!
DetachPipe™ is a complete email attachment management
solution for Microsoft Outlook.
Studies have shown that over 85% of email by volume is taken up by
attachments ? documents, spreadsheets, presentations etc. By managing your email
attachments you can dramatically reduce the volume of data in your mail file
without having to delete emails.
The DetachPipe Add On frees attachments from Outlook's PST file,
massively reducing its size, assisting backups and
making Outlook faster and more reliable.
Attachments can be detached to disk
with a clickable hyperlink left in place (the paperclip icon can be
retained to assist searches based on attachments), or deleted.
Attachments can be reattached later
if required. Entire folders can have their attachments detached, saved,
No retraining required! - DetachPipe does not require any change to
your existing email workflow - incoming attachments are automatically
detached from Inbox emails, and
re-attached to Forwarded emails in the Outbox.
Attachments on Sent Items can be deleted. DetachPipe watches your
Deleted Items and offers to remove attachments stored on disk when you
delete the related email, or it can just do this automatically for you.
Attachments can be compressed for extra space savings, and DetachPipe
even checks for and merges duplicate attachments - saving even more
DetachPipe gives you complete control over the naming of detached
files. The default naming scheme of [Folder Name][Subject]_[FileName]
allows the original email to easily be found. The file modified date is
also set to the email date.
DetachPipe can process the current email, groups of selected emails, or
even bulk process entire folders and subfolders. Different detach rules
can be applied to each folder, and one or more AutoDetach rules take
care of attachments according to a time schedule.
DetachPipe can even be used to bulk-extract attachments for digital
DetachPipe integrates with
DropBox - so you
can easily store your files online.
- Reducing Outlook PST folder size - making Outlook or Exchange Server faster
for all users, more stable
and easier to backup
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance (ensuring that all electronic records and
electronic messages are saved for at least five years)
- Litigation Support and Digital Forensics- detaching all documents from an offender's mailbox
to allow for searching
- Saving all incoming PDF/image attachments to a folder on disk for
processing/conversion/printing. Use our File
Watcher tool to detect files when they arrive and batch process them.
The DetachPipe toolbar button in Microsoft Outlook.
Check out the powerful functions listed below:
- Attachments can be searched by desktop search tools (email
attachments are generally NOT searched)
- Improve Outlook or Exchange Server speed for all users, and makes
PST files smaller for quicker, easier backup
- Attachments are always instantly available using the clickable hyperlink left in each email
- Detach to the local machine or to UNC/Network paths (Pro only)
- Duplicate attachments are detected and only a single copy saved
- Large attachments can be uploaded to
- Process emails in any .PST file or in Public Folders. Different
detach/delete rules can be set for each folder.
- Access blocked attachments - work around Outlook's incredibly annoying 'this attachment may be
unsafe and has been blocked' message, because DetachPipe can still
access the attachment regardless of Outlook's settings
- Customize where DetachPipe saves each attachment using a
filename mask that can
include the date, subject, sender etc, or manually specify your own
- Process attachments from both mail items and calendar items
- Maintain original email folder structure when attachments are
- No limit on the number of emails processed or the number of
- Backup attachments through the file system, not through Outlook.
- Supports large-scale deployment and administration
- Automatic mode and manual modes
- Your Virus scanning continues to take place on all opened
emails - so your corporate infrastructure remains secure
- Attachments can be removed via the Recycle Bin for extra safety
- Process email bodies with
TextPipe Pro to modify
text, extract content or make arbitrary changes
A Selection Of Our Clients
DetachPipe is used by Agora Gallery, AQUILA, ARCNET,
AT&T CS Deutschland GmbH, Aurora Systems, Blue Chip Venture Company,
Cisco Systems, CompuQuali, S.A., Corporate Renaissance Group, Darden
Business School, DER SPIEGEL, Diebold, Inc., Electronic Arts, Encana,
Erhvervsskolernes Forlag, Ford Motor Company, Free Field Technologies,
Fulbright & Jaworski, Geo Sheard Fabrics 1994 Ltd., Ida Vend
Broadcasting, Insight Technology, Inc, Integrated Circuit Designs, Inc.,
Interskill Interactive, London Borough of Merton, Max Re Ltd., Merck
Sharp & Dohme (IA) Corp, Merel corporate finance cv, Miami Tribe of Okla.
Bus. Dev. Auth., NIH/NINDS, Pequot Capital, PSCU -FS, Radiant Systems,
Roanoke College, RS Information Systems, Inc., salesforce.com,
sk8shop.com, Welsh & Katz, Ltd and many other large organizations.
DetachPipe runs on
Microsoft® Windows® 8 and x64, Windows 7 and x64, Vista®, Vista 64, 2008/2003 Server, XP
with 5 MB free disk space and 64 MB RAM. DetachPipe requires Microsoft
Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, XP.
DetachPipe can be used both on a stand-alone computer with Outlook
and by users in an Exchange Server environment. DetachPipe can be used
to archive attachments.
Multi-user, Site and Enterprise licenses are also available to enhance
the efficiency of your entire team. Please
contact us with your requirements.
Does NOT work with Outlook
Download a free trial
Free Trial -
Try DetachPipe today!
- TextPipe industrial strength text conversion,
transformation, cleansing and extraction workbench
- WordPipe search and replace in Word documents
- ExcelPipe search and replace in Excel spreadsheets
- PowerPointPipe search and replace in
- DataPipe search and replace in live database records
- ResumePipe if you need to cleanse and process emails.