TextPipe Pro provides an enormous array of data
cleansing and movement tools that compare VERY favorably to
overpriced tools like DataJunction.
- DataJunction is written in Visual Basic (so it's sloooow!). TextPipe is written in compiled Borland Delphi 5,
the most sophisticated optimized language on the market.
- DataJunction struggles with more than 1GB of data - in fact, the only case study at their site offers
a business scenario where 1GB is the maximum amount of data it can handle in one night! TextPipe has NO
limit on the size of data it can handle.
- DataJunction starts at USD 2,000, and is unusable. TextPipe Pro is USD 299.
- DataJunction can't handle OLE DB database connections. OLE DB is the newest
standard from Microsoft for data store connectivity. TextPipe talks
ODBC and OLE DB.
- TextPipe also can generate XML from any database, with DTDs generated on the fly. You can BUY an extra
bit for DataJunction to do this (but why would you?).